Since starting this blog around June this year, I have been incredibly slack in my updating and posting. I did attempt Post a Day 2011, but that didn’t really go so well. So, what do I have to show for it? 21 posts. SINCE JUNE.
So I thought I’d take the questions from The Daily Post’s post: Looking Back at Post a Day 2011 – How’d You Do? and see if I can pinpoint exactly where I went wrong..
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge?
I started the Post a Day challenge hoping I could motivate myself to post more frequently on my newly created blog.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge.
Very empty and neglected. Haa.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge?
Apart from gaining a few different topics and my learning of how to use WordPress a little more throughout this challenge, there hasn’t really been much evolution.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not?
No I most certainly did not. I can only attribute this to 3 things. My laziness, my being extremely busy with the musical and work and, my mother not letting me use the laptop. 😛 Sad, I know.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you?
I actually don’t know. But I’d have to say, one where I have my own laptop and time to sit down and write. So, nothing that I’ve done so far. 😉
- If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently?
I would make time. No matter how tired or whatever I was. I would try to at least post a little something each day.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this year?
Nothing to do with blogging really. I’m most proud of attaining a job and being cast in one of my favourite musicals of all time.
- Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge.
First blog I found was Chris Alice Donner’s blog. A mystery writer that I’ve enjoyed reading the posts of, but I have yet to read the first chapters of her novel! I discovered quite a few other amazing blogs but being me, have failed to either subscribe or keep a record off. I shall have to do better next year. -nods-
- What surprised you about the challenge?
How difficult I actually found it. I had a lot of ideas in the beginning, but at time went on and I started to slack off, I forgot all those ideas and then lacked the inspiration to think of other things to blog about.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly?
Don’t take advice from me. Hahaha.
- What are your blogging goals for 2012?
Definitely to attempt Post a Day again. And also to have more fun and stick to it this time!
I think that narrows it down. Lazy, busy and mother. Haha. What a tragic life have I. Anyways, I have another couple of things I would like to post today and like my dessert, I don’t wanna put everything in the same bowl and mix it. Not today anyways. 😀